sábado, 17 de abril de 2010

LIGHTS and Owl City

I went to see them in concert yesterday, so I shall talk about them.

Song: Lions!
Artist: LIGHTS
Album: The Listening (2009)



This is possibly my favorite song by LIGHTS. It's very encouraging :)

*****

Song: Ice
Artist: LIGHTS
Album: LIGHTS (2008)



I give this music video an A in wtfery awesome. hehe. I think she's hot. Do you?

LIGHTS describes herself as "a fairly small-sized, Canadian girl who makes intergalactic-electro music." She likes to play on her keytar and synthesizer. I found her EP for $1 at Amoeba, that music warehouse in San Fran, before she was popular. Teehee~ LIGHTS started her music interest on the guitar and then moved on to drums, piano, and keyboard. At age 13, she had already invested in an 8-track mixer as well. She writes all her music. She's legit, quirky, and fun. She imagines herself on her own planet of electro-pop. Yeaaah :) Go read her myspace and you will understand what I said about quirky.

*****

Song: Saltwater Room
Artist: Owl City
Album: Maybe I'm Dreaming (2008)



My favorite song by Owl City. This is not the official music video, but I thought it was cute.

I'm not a big Owl City fan, so this will be a tiny spheal on him. Owl City aka Adam Young. His music is soooooo much better live. I like when he's not autotuned. The good quality live stuff he has online is from a while back, and he was pretty off in his singing. bleh. Howeverr, I am in love with Adam Young's band. The guy playing marimba/keys/guitar is soo talented. Also, him and the drummer wore the same outfit and would switch between drums and marimba! I stared at them a lot. :)

3 comentarios:

  1. Love the song Lions! <33 I can't believe I don't have her album yet. :(

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Haha! I looked in my iTunes album and guess what? The only song that I have of hers is Lions! :o

    ResponderEliminar
  3. i love lights!!! 8D
    pretty freakin amazing!

    ResponderEliminar