sábado, 10 de abril de 2010

Freelance Whales - Generator 2nd Floor

Song: Generator 2nd Floor
Artist: Freelance Whales
Album: Weathervanes (2009)


This mp3 is free right now on their myspace!

I just discovered this band and I loooveeee them. Everytime I get this excited about a band, I do some intense music stalking. Here is what I've discovered! The band consists of 5 members who met in New York and formed the band in the summer of 2008. They like playing in the streets, subways, whatever. They were at SXSW 2010 this year! I wish I had discovered them earlier. Anyways, they all work together to form a well meshed sound using instruments that are not commonly in a band setting. Their most commonly used instruments are the drums, bass, guitar, harmonium, banjo, cello, glockenspiel, microkorg, jp-8000, waterphone, and bing carbon telephones. Yeeesss.. Half of these are like, wtf is that?

Harmonium: looks like a mini piano in a box.
Glockenspiel: is the xylophone type thing in the video.
Jp-8000: is a lovely synthesizer.
Microkorg: Synth/vocoder
Waterphone: I have no idea how to describe, so here is a picture.
Bing Carbon Telephones: Retro phone turned into microphone. sweet.

What do you think of them?

1 comentario:

  1. sounds good :)
    though I don't really know what they are singing about x)

    ResponderEliminar